Saturday, May 31, 2008

A "Tail" of Bravery

I have mixed feelings about this event but in the end I am proud to say that.... I killed my first (and hopefully my last) scorpion. This is only the second scorpion we have found in our house in the three years that we have lived here. Well, seeing how I have found both of them, I fear there have been more that Jeremy found and failed to mention them to me. Both were in our bathroom; this one was in the tub. Jeremy wasn't home and Kayla was asleep so I knew I couldn't count on any help from her. After only about 45 minutes of watching him crawl around in the tub and a couple phone calls to Jer for support I got a big shoe and pounded the creepy thing about 8 times. "Then what?" I thought. I wasn't about to pick the flattened guy up so I did what I was trained to do, I put a glass over it for Jeremy to discard of later. Not like he was going to go anywhere, but I felt better with the glass over him so he could rest in peace or I should say so I could rest in peace.

Next: "Our trip to Utah" a post coming to you soon.

5 comments:

Becky and Jeff said...

I am so proud of you Nessa. :) Don't know if I could have done it. although Jeff wouldn't have either so I probably would have had to do it. hope life is better now that the scorpion is gone. can't wait for the trip to utah post.

Rachel Murray said...

Love your post's new look. Very summery. I am so glad I don't have to worry about scorpiens. YUCK!!

Candace said...

yikes!!! It makes me shudder just thinking about it!!!

Kristin said...

EEEWWWW! I can't imagine! I'm getting the chills just writing this!

Rachel Murray said...

I just wanted to let you know that we got everything fixed with your book order and it was no big deal. Let me know when you get your books and what you think!