We have spent the last couple weekends at Joel's baseball tournaments. We were really glad that they ended the season in first place so that the championship tournament was played here in Vegas so we could go watch. They ended up winning every game to play the #2 team Western Neveda for the championship. It was a very exciting game. We scored 4 runs in the first few innings but W. Neveda matched those runs and continued to score 3 more runs. It was 4 to 7 in the bottom of the ninth. Joel was up to bat first and he walked. Joel stole second but the next batter struck out. It was very intense. We were all yelling so loud. Jeremy was holding Kayla and covering her ears with both hands. After another out, a couple base hits, a couple of runs, a pitching change, an intentional walk, finally the game tying run was batted in and with two outs and the bases loaded the next batter come to the plate. He struck out 4 times in this game.....but he must have had a little luck with him because this time at bat he hit it in the gap between first and second base to score the game winning run! If they would have lost they still would have played another game since it was double elimination but instead they went in there and swept the tournament! It was really fun! They are playing the next tournament in Arizona this weekend to see who goes to the Junior College World Series so go coyoytes and good luck Joel!!
Joel's little cheerleader
"Excuse me I can't see the game laying down!"
"I love baseball"
4 comments:
I have to say I was very impressed with all the baseball terminology. We've been going to Scott's softball games each week and the most excitement we've had was when someone slid into second and broke his ankle. Sounds like these games might have been a little more crowd pleasing...I can't imagine why that would be....hahaha.
Congrats to Joel...how exciting! I love the pic of Jeremy and Kayla, she's definitely going to be a daddy's girl!!
what an adorable cheerleader!
go champs!!!
Post a Comment