We drove to Cedar on Wednesday night and stayed at (great)Grandma Reese's house. Jeremy's Aunt Marilyn was there too. It was nice to visit with them and to have a place to stay halfway. Then when we arrived in Orem I got my hair cut. Yeah! I have been wanting to get it cut and colored since I got pregnant but decided to wait until after! Here is a picture right as I left to get it cut:
Goodbye long hair!
Right after I got my haircut, we headed over to Lauran Wakefield's wedding reception that happened to be that night. Congrats Lauran and Sean!! It was really fun to see Ashley and Candace and their adorable kids! (This is one after picture of my hair also.)
It was rainy and cold (for us desert dwellers at least) so Kayla had to wear her hat!
The rest of the night we spent at my parents house playing games. Yeah! I love to play games with my family!...especially when I cream them in a game of trains! he he he
Then on Friday was the main event that we came up for....Kassie's wedding!!! Kassie married Dustin McGee from Orem in the Salt Lake Temple. The spirit was so strong at the sealing and I have never seen Kassie so happy! The weather was a little rainy but never actually rained during her pictures so that was a blessing for her. Here are some pictures from the temple.
The happy couple!
Cute little umbrella picture!
Also attending the wedding were my friends Ashlee and Teresa. I haven't seen Teresa since she got married like five years ago!!! It was great to hear about her two little toddlers and to talk to Ashlee about being 34 weeks prego and having her first, a baby boy! We had fun catching up during all the wedding activities!
Me, Ashlee, baby (he's squished in the middle there!) and Teresa
Our Hubbies! Mark (Teresa's), Mike (Ashlee's) and I guess I'll claim that third guy.
I didn't get any pictures of the luncheon at the Lion House but it was delicious! It was also entertaining; they did a little presentation were we got to know Dustin (and Kassie) better. They seem like a perfect fit!
After the luncheon Jeremy and I went to the top of the Church Office Building to see the view. It was really neat! Jeremy had never been there so it was fun to play tourist.
Us at the top with Temple Square behind us.
The Conference Center. There's grass and tree's on the roof! Isn't that cool?!
Special thanks to Rachel for watching Kayla all day so we could enjoy the wedding! AND for their wonderful hospitality. You guys are the best!
That afternoon we spent sometime at my parents house and then went to dinner with Scott, Rachel and Mason. Scott got promoted to a new job at work so we were celebrating. Congrats Scottie! Scott received another award at work also that came with some $$ so they splurged and got a Nintendo Wii. After diner we had fun learning how to play all the fun Wii games. I had no idea it was such a blast to play! Here is a video clip of Jer and Scott boxing. It is kind of long (even though I cut out like 5 minutes)but my very animated brother and competative husband makes it entertaining!
On Saturday, yes it is only Saturday (it was busy trip!), we went to the park and had a picnic with my Mom and the kids and Scott's family. Scott and Jer enjoyed a game of tennis and we had good old Murray Hoagies. Yum! It was fun to play baseball and analyze all the kids' athletic ability. (So far Josh and Austin are lookin good! Tanner is super fast but just so silly and laughed all the way around the bases, TayLynn was too busy socializing to even play, Kenzi liked to be the catcher, Jessica was an excellent umpire, and the babies were cute cheerleaders!) After the park it was off to Roosevelt for the wedding reception. We are glad Ashlee hitched a ride with us so we had some company! The reception was in Kassie's backyard and was gorgeous. The food was so yummy and Jeremy loved the italian soda bar (even though it was freezing!) I just got one good picture of them cuting the cake. I was holding Kayla all wrapped up to keep her warm and Jeremy was huddled by one of the heaters with his italian soda so we didn't take a lot of pictures. It was very beautiful and we had fun talking to Kass and seeing her so happy.
Congrats Kassie and Dustin!
Sunday morning I woke up with a horrible sore throat and congestion. I think all the time spent outside on Saturday gave me a bad case of allergies which I am still fighting now! So Kayla and Jer went to church without me. Later that night we went to my parents for a BBQ and games. I dragged through it but I am glad we got to spend that time with them.
Things went from bad to worse when Jeremy got the stomach flu that night. We were suppose to leave Monday but Jer was too sick so we slumped around Scott and Rachel's basement all day and half of Tuesday until Jer felt like sitting in a car. Thanks for letting us mope around your house guys! After a long drive home ( I haven't driven that strech for a long time!) we finally arrived in Vegas. Yeah! It was a good trip and I really enjoyed seeing all my family and friends but it could have had a better ending! As Jeremy put it though, "We have to be sick once in a while to truly appreciate being well." What a trooper!
4 comments:
I love your new hair cut! Super cute! I just chopped mine. It had seriously been almost a year since I cut mine-sad I know. I love all the pictures, looks like you guys had a lot of fun...except for the getting sick part :) So Ashley's having a boy? How exciting for her!
Sorry, again, for getting you sick Jer. But thanks for taking the sickness away with you...I haven't heard of anyone being sick since you left. It was great having you stay with us. Come back soon!
wow, sounded like an eventful time! the video of Jer is great:)
It was fun seeing you at my sister's reception. Thanks so much for coming! I didn't know that Ashlee was pregnant. Yay! Thats so cute what Jeremy said about being sick. Isn't it the truth though? You have such a cute family!
Post a Comment