Well, our smiley little girl is getting bigger and is already 4 months old. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she passed with flying colors:
So she is about average and still has our tiny head. Her flat head on one side is getting better with all the tummy and bumbo time but they still want us to go to the cranial doctor to get it checked out. It looks way better then the babys' heads in the brosure they gave us but we'll probably go just to be safe....the first visits free so why not!
At the doctors office she was so funny. She was happy and talking to me but when the nurse came and weighed her she looked at her and then at me and started crying like she was so scared. She starts to pout a little if she sees people she doesn't know or if they hold her but this was pure terror. She calmed down when the nurse left but when the doctor and PA student walked in she stared at them for a minute then started crying and latching on to me. The doctor said she was "very advanced and smart" to be going through stranger anxiety already. He said it usually starts at 6 months. Hopefully this means she will be over it sooner too! I hated to hear her be so frightened.
Height: 23 1/2 25%
(They never pull her leg all the way straight so I think she is longer; I measured her today when she was not screaming and arching her back, like at the doctor, and she was 25 1/2 which sounds more like it)
Weight: 13.6 lbs 50%
Head: 40 cm 25%
At the doctors office she was so funny. She was happy and talking to me but when the nurse came and weighed her she looked at her and then at me and started crying like she was so scared. She starts to pout a little if she sees people she doesn't know or if they hold her but this was pure terror. She calmed down when the nurse left but when the doctor and PA student walked in she stared at them for a minute then started crying and latching on to me. The doctor said she was "very advanced and smart" to be going through stranger anxiety already. He said it usually starts at 6 months. Hopefully this means she will be over it sooner too! I hated to hear her be so frightened.
Look mom, I'm a giraffe!
She is getting very strong and I can't even keep her on her back...as soon as I lay her down she rolls on to her belly and pops her head way up to see what she can see. She can roll from her belly onto her back too, when she wants to...but she doesn't want to very often. She likes her belly.
My fake smile
Oh my goodness, I can almost sit!
(don't you love my surprised face!)
3 comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe how fast she is growing.
One comment about the flat spot--Ky had one too, and after 3 doctors, a plastic surgeon consult, a CT scan and lots of research, what he really needed was Physical Therapy to strengthen the muscles in his neck so he could turn his head the other way.
Not that I know that is what she needs, but I just wish someone would have given us some idea of what to do, so I thought I would try to help.
The therapy helped a ton, and if we would have started sooner, he probably wouldn't have any flat spot today.
Good luck!
I miss you Kayla, you are growing so fast. Keep up the pretty looks girl.
She is darling Janessa. Don't you love it when the Doctor's tell you that you baby is smart! It makes you feel so proud.
Post a Comment