Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pre-Christmas 2009

Jer finished his finals with a week to spare before Christmas. Kayla and I were VERY excited to have him back...and to have him around 24 hours a day for 14 whole days!

The crazy studying student himself.

Taking a quick break for Kayla time.

This one is my favorite...silly girl.

So, the Saturday after finals we kicked off the Christmas celebrations by going to Temple square which I already wrote about. This is the Sunday before Christmas (our last day in nursery!) Yes, my walls are still bare...when you can only put two nails per wall it makes it difficult to decorate.
The next few days we finished our Christmas shopping, cleaned our house, and spent every evening playing games with my family. We also watched the BYU bowl game with almost all my 5 (biological) siblings and their spouses..it is not often that we are all together so it was really great! (we missed you Jen and Stephen)

Christmas Eve, we had our traditional dinner, nativity, p.j.'s, and Christmas light drive
Yes, we needed three tables for dinner with (not even all) of my immediate family.

A little pre-dinner Dora to settle the kiddos.

The Murray fam. Half the older siblings were there with their families; Scott, Becky and myself.

Kayla and Uncle Tanner riding the wild nativity animals.

Rachel and sweet baby Brynn.

Kayla in her Shepard garb...she left it on for about 3 minutes.

The nativity

Everybody looking good in their Christmas jammies...except Kayla because we left hers at home.
Off to see some Christmas lights...and fall asleep in the car only to be woken up and forced (not really) to open jammies and Christmas books...yes, she sleep in on Christmas.

3 comments:

Becky and Jeff said...

You got some good pictures. I didn't get any pictures, I think I was just still trying to recover from being sick and couldn't think about anything else really.

Kristin said...

First off, you look fabulous...SERIOUSLY!!! You've got the cutest little belly!

Looks like you guys had a fun Chirstmas, can't believe how old all the kiddos look-they're all so grown up!!

Candace said...

What a fun Christmas! I'm amazed that at the amount of seats at the tables:) But that's what makes things fun. Also, you look great! and I love the pictures of Kayla!