Thursday, July 23, 2009

Zion(s): Their Trip

After our exciting weekend in Utah for the 4th, we headed down to Zion for the Murray Family Reunion. This year was a tribute to my Grandma Murray and the completion of her life history. Even though this was planned before her passing, we continued the tribute in remembrance of her. Now to my title, the reason I titled this blog "Their Trip" is because I am going to blog about everything everyone else did....except for me...because a blog about my experience would include, arriving at the mountain home, being extremely ill, and 4 days later, leaving. Yep, I caught some kind of bug and missed the entire trip!!! I was pretty bummed (even though I did get to watch some HGTV when I felt up to it which was fun!)but, I have an amazing husband who took care of me AND made sure Kayla had a fun time too. So, here is what Jeremy and Kayla did with my family in Zion National Park:
We arrived Tuesday and I have no clue what everyone did Tuesday or Wednesday, but I think it included things like paintball, ATV riding, swimming, riding the zip line, horse back riding, ping pong, frisbee golf....okay you get the picture. On Thursday, they all headed out to Kanab to have a chuck wagon lunch with relatives and share memories about my Grandma Murray. (I really wish I could have been there!!!)
The Gang
Kayla said the food was finger lickin' good!

Howdy Partner!

On Friday, the Murray's headed to the Park to hike the gateway to the narrows.

Kayla loved the squirrels....

and the deer...
and the water...
and the dirt...

and having all her Daddy's attention.

Gorgeous!
Friday evening, I was feeling well enough to venture down to the pool with everybody. I had fun taking pictures of everybody playing
Beffy and Jeck
Scott and Mason made the trip

Steve and Kayden

If you look closely, you can see TayLynn flying through the air...I wonder if Jeff had anything to do with that...?


I am glad Kayla and Jeremy have fun with my family and I am also glad no one else got sick. Thanks for putting up with me guys!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man, that is no fun being sick when you are away from home. At least you had your cute hubby there to take care of your sweet Kayla. It looks so pretty there. I haven't been there in years.

Becky and Jeff said...

hahahaha love our names! I forgot about that. I am so sad you were sick but glad that we still got to spend a little time together and were able to visit over last weekend! You got some great pictures at the pool. Glad you were able to go to at least that. Love and miss you all!