"Our birthright—and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth—is to seek and experience eternal happiness."
I was reading the conference Ensign this morning looking for a talk to give my visiting teaching message from. I was a slacker and didn't make it to the Relief Society Broadcast so I started by reading the talks from that session. I read the talk by President Uchtdorf "Happiness, Your Heritage". Lately, I have been wondering what more I could be doing and I was feeling a little underachieved. I don't know if any of you ever feel this way; but this talk was exactly what I needed. It helped me, so I thought I'd post about it in case anybody else needed a little pick me up.
Anywho, that is probably too much personal information for some of you but I felt like sharing. I am not preaching by any means, but if you want to read the article by this great apostle I have posted a link :
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=15674bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
I was reading the conference Ensign this morning looking for a talk to give my visiting teaching message from. I was a slacker and didn't make it to the Relief Society Broadcast so I started by reading the talks from that session. I read the talk by President Uchtdorf "Happiness, Your Heritage". Lately, I have been wondering what more I could be doing and I was feeling a little underachieved. I don't know if any of you ever feel this way; but this talk was exactly what I needed. It helped me, so I thought I'd post about it in case anybody else needed a little pick me up.He talks about having happiness like our Heavenly Father's happiness. Two objectives that contribute to our Heavenly Father's happiness are creating and being compassionate. This made me feel very good because I love to create things (cooking, card making, crafts, goodies, hair bows, this blog), and I like to give those things to others/brighten someone's day even if it is just my daughters day. I have been feeling that just sitting at home cleaning, cooking, crafting, and caring for my family was not very prestigious. I know we've all heard a thousand times that being a mother is up there on the priority list but that doesn't stop Satan from sneaking in and making us feel less then we are. This article was a reminder that what I was doing was good in my Heavenly Father's eyes and if I was happy doing it, then no other opinion matters. It also gave me new strive to be better at what I do and to add on to my life in ways of service, education, and just building up the talents my Heavenly Father has given me. We all have different purposes to achieve in this life so you can't compare what you do to what others do.
Anywho, that is probably too much personal information for some of you but I felt like sharing. I am not preaching by any means, but if you want to read the article by this great apostle I have posted a link :
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=15674bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
1 comment:
i really do like that. thanks for the reminder. you're the bomb! (okay so maybe 'the bomb' is a little old school, but you know what I mean.)
Post a Comment