Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween F.H.E.

Last Monday Jeremy suggested that we carve a pumpkin for FHE. I was surprised because I am usually the one to suggest the crafty stuff and I didn't think Jer liked to carve pumpkins. Jeremy said that Kayla couldn't have a proper first Halloween without carving a pumpkin. So, Kayla and I picked out the perfect pumpkin at Fresh & Easy and we had a fun Halloween FHE.

Jeremy scooped out the guts.

Kayla clapping while Jeremy designed some eyes for our pumpkin.
We had to give a chunk of pumpkin to Kayla to try a lick or two. She made some pretty funny faces but I think overall she liked it!

Our finished pumpkin man! I designed the nose, Jer thought up the flame eyes and we stole the mouth from a picture we saw.

Then Jeremy really let his creative side go and carved our name in the side.

OOOOAAH! SCARY!

It was a fun creating new traditions and memories as a family. Happy Haunting Everyone!

3 comments:

lbliss said...

very creative guys..good job!

Becky and Jeff said...

How fun! we did the same and I have been meaning to blog it. anyway, I love Kayla's halloween bow! so cute! Happy Halloween!

Ashley said...

Don't little kids make the holidays so fun? Kayla looked like she was enjoying herself. I am impressed that she liked the pumpkin taste!