Friday, September 12, 2008

There is more to life than new couches...but there is new couches in life

Life has slowed down a little around the Reese household the last couple weeks. I haven't really had much to blog about (so sorry this is all I got.) The latest update to our lives has been way over due but we just didn't want to buy furniture until we were a little more settled. Moving it, not having it match our house (if we ever buy one), my issues with change, Jeremy's motto of "If is ain't broke don't fix it" (that is why he still wears clothes from high school) were all reasons we still had our couch and chair from DI that we bought when we first got married. See below:

Isn't it lovely! No, really it wasn't bad. I just hated fixing the covers all the time!! (Any of you who have sat in it know that it was a pretty comfy little guy)

So, what made us give in and get new couches? If any of you guessed "a great deal" give yourselves 10 bonus points for knowing us well! Jochi (our sister-in-law) generously shared some coupons with us that we just couldn't pass up. It was such a good deal that we broke down and got some bedroom furniture too. Here are a few pics our first *real furniture.
*Real furniture does not include things from DI, Walmart, Target, or hand me downs ...which is what all our furniture was!

They look black in this picture....



But as you can see here they are a dark chocolate

Kayla likes them! I like them even more because we can just wipe spit-up off with no scrubbing!! Jer just likes that they recline and that I don't make him get up so I can straighten the cover before I sit down. OCD I know!


The LOVE seat

These really aren't the best pictures of the bedroom stuff but I tried. Yes, we only have one lamp..long story but if anyone sees a lamp like that anywhere let us know...we want it!

This one is a little bit better, you can barely see the cool pattern in the wood.

The armoire

So, for all of you who never come to see us, which is most of you, now you have had a little virtual tour of the Reese home. And if you want to see better pictures...you will just have to come visit us! he he

(Funny that I post this when yesterday at stake conf. they talked about "things" not making you happy and how when you get one thing you just want more and more; which is true because now I "need" new throw pillows and a rug! Don't worry about us though...we know there is more to life then new couches...or is there? Ponder on that one.)

5 comments:

Becky and Jeff said...

I love your new furniture. I looks great! One day we will have *new furniture too, but i can wait. The hand me downs, which is all we have :) are doing us just fine. But I do love your furniture, I will just have to come and see it sometime. :)

Rachel Murray said...

The couches look great and I LOVE all the bedroom furniture! So where did you find the awesome deal?

Kristin said...

Love the new furniture! Serioulsy can't wait 'till we can make the upgrade...I don't think our poor furniture can take much more, it's been through a lot!!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday today Nessa!! Love ya lots and have been thinking of you today. Hope you had a great day with your cute family.

lbliss said...

you were'nt kidding about purchasing furniture:) I love it all. Great taste! Where did you guys get it?? is the deal still going on? p.s. I changed our blog to toddandlaura.blogospot.com