Monday, January 10, 2011

First half of December

I am sure I could be more creative with my title's but I've got to get caught up so my mind is in business mode. The first part of December was filled with lots of preparation for all the holiday fun in the second half of the month. I took some cute pics of the girls and what they were up to while Mommy was busy baking holiday goodies and Daddy was taking finals.
Kayla and her "animals" watching a show.
Avely trying to escape.
Little cutie pie

This was my favorite! I put Avely in her chair to feed her but then my sister called. While I was making holiday plans on the phone, Kayla took it upon herself to feed Avely. As you can see, Kayla put her "picnic blanket" on Avely's tray and continued to set her place and make her a feast. The best part was that Avely would pick up a piece of food, taste it, and then put it down and move on to try something else. She acted like a little queen. I had a good laugh when I looked over from the living room and saw this!


I also spent a good part of these two weeks working on a quite book page for a swap I did with some MBA spouses. I thought it was great that I would get a whole quiet book but only have to make 12 of the same page (until I started making them that is.) I choose to make a page I remember playing with in my quiet book as a kid. You feed the bear PB and J and then get it out of his zipper tummy. And get this: the fur I used is the same fur my Mom used when she made her book! (Not sure why she still had it after 25+ years but I am glad she did. Thanks Mom!) I think that overall this was easier then making a whole quiet book but it was harder then it looks to make this little guy.
We had some good snowfall in the first of December and every chance Jeremy got he took Kayla out to enjoy.

She loved being pulled on this tube, even though she'd fall of and face plant in the snow!
Warning: This is a long video!
Then, we all built a snowman during Avely's nap. The snow was quite dense and after rolling this packed "middle" Jeremy realized he couldn't pick it up (even with Kayla's help).

Our "snowman" turned into a snow family which Kayla thought was lots of fun.

2 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

My boys LOVE the bear... I find the banana split, cupackes, and sandwich stuffed in his belly all the time! Good job on it!

lbliss said...

Love your cute pictures!