Friday, January 7, 2011

The Festival of Trees

I don't know how many times we went to "The Festival of Trees" when I was a kid but I remember going quite a few times. We would walk around and pick our favorite tree and then we got to pick a little treat from the shop. So, while living in Utah, I really wanted to go the festival. Jeremy said he thought it sounded fun so the first Saturday of December we headed to Salt Lake.

We walked around and Kayla found her favorite tree, the cookie monster tree.


This is Avely at the beginning of the night.

Then we shared a cinnamon roll and scone. Yum!

After, Kayla decorated her own reindeer antlers and went ice fishing for suckers.
This is Avely at the end of the night. "Take me home!"

All though Jeremy said he wouldn't be go back to the festival of trees again
(it was late and everyone was tired and a little cranking :] ), I really enjoyed it and will always remember the tradition I had growing up.

No comments: