Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Road Trip to Green Bay

I haven't seen my cousin Ashli in almost 5 years, so being only 5 hours from her this summer, we were excited she agreed to let us come and crash at her place for a visit.
They planned a full Saturday of Green Bay fun for us.


We started at a wildlife sanctuary. Kayla liked the "alive" wildlife as much as the "not so alive" wildlife. (Only Jeremy would dare his two year old to stick her hand in the bear's mouth; and only Kayla would actually do it!)


They had pellets you could buy and feed the deer. The kids loved it!


Without thinking I told Kayla to give the deer a kiss...and she puckered right up! (After which I rubbed hand sanitizer all over her mouth. Yes, "Mother of the Year" awards are in my future.)


Then we headed across the street to some cute rides right on the Bay. They were cheap and the kids rode almost everyone they could. Ashli has 4 year old twin boys but I can't tell you if this is Kade or Ky...? I think Kayla thought she was seeing double the whole weekend.

Green Bay


Then it was off to the one and only, Lambeau Field.

I know, I can't believe I didn't think of this for my wedding! Ashli was jealous too.


They had some great blow-up drills for the kids to play on. Kade and Ky smoked the competition but as you can see, Kayla was a little less enthusiastic.


She kept calling everything baseball. I wonder why?



Cheese Heads!!!



Kade, Bart, and Ky...I think.
I love their game faces!



The Miller's by "the field"


Thank you so much Ashli, Bart, Kade and Ky for your wonderful hospitality and a great weekend. It was so nice to catch up, reminisce and even get to know you better. You have a wonderful family and we can't wait to see you again!

No comments: