Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kayla at Eleven Months

"Look Mom, I can take out my bow!"

I have a goal to write in my journal more this year and am doing horribly already so excuse my long blog but I need to write down what Kayla is doing at this fun stage for my own benefit but feel free to read or skim or skip this post....

Yes, our little baby is already 11 months old! She is becoming more and more like a toddler and less and less like a baby which is just oh so bittersweet.

It is so much fun to see her learn new things. She is a little talker and babbles all the time. She knows who "Mama" and "Dada" are and especially likes to talk to Dada on the phone and gets very excited when he comes home from work. She will hear the door open and she sprint crawls to see him. It is precious!
She loves to play in the Tupperware...until we put a latch on the cabinet...when she went over to the cabinet the next day, and couldn't open it, she started screaming and was so mad. I still open it and let her play with them when I am cooking/cleaning. She loves to eat and will eat most anything...even dog food....yes she ate our friends dog food when she was being watched while we were on a date. Silly girl!
She still only has two teeth. She loves her leapfrog alphabet radio and carries it around the house. She loves to carry just about anything around the house. She smiles like she is sooo big when she stands up while holding a toy. She looks at me like "Look how strong I am Mom!" I love it. She is starting to give "loves" and she gives kisses but not on our face. She just makes the noise with her mouth. She still loves... to play chase, suck her fingers, her blankies, to read books, and crawl to places she shouldn't. She dances even more now...in the grocery store when she hears the background music, at church, when there's music on the TV, when she eats...there isn't music playing but after each bit she has to do a little shimmy.
She definitely keeps us laughing. She is still a very happy girl and we couldn't ask for a better baby!
Here is a video of somethings Kayla is learning to do right now. (On the video, it sounds like we are playing with her like a puppy who learned new tricks but I promise we don't treat her like a puppy!...most of the time.)

4 comments:

Rachel Murray said...

Kayla is growing up so fast!! I love all her hair. Thanks for posting all the pictures and video. Mason loves to see his cousin in action.

Ashley said...

What a cutie. I love that video. I wish we had done that with Kiean. The kissey noises are so darling. Thanks for the e-card. You are so sweet to think of me today!

Kristin said...

I can't believe she's going to be 1soon...crazy!! I love the video, super cute!

Candace said...

she is just so darn cute!!! I can't believe how big she's getting....it goes by just too fast, doesn't it?