Thursday, July 31, 2008

5 months and in training!


Kayla is 5 months old! She is a smiley, happy baby and can't get enough of her tummy. She now sleeps on her tummy (I move her to her back but she rolls right back over) and scoots around like a worm. She puts her face in the carpet and sticks her bum in the air and pushes off with her feet. I am afraid she will get rug burns on her face! When she plays on the floor I have to keep an eye on her because she will be half way across the room a few minutes after setting her down.

I can't believe how fast she is growing! Her latest thing is training for "the crawl". She hasn't actually "crawled" yet but she gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth.
















I love when she gets in this position! She is literally training by doing push-ups! She makes us laugh everyday.

She makes really funny facial expressions and people are always telling me how funny all her expressions are. I wonder who she gets that from...? he he

She can't smile with her mouth closed! Kayla trying to fit the whole bowl in her mouth!

It is always a open mouth, scrunched nose, squinty eye smile. We love it!

3 comments:

Adam & Rachel said...

Don't they grow so fast? She's a cutie patootie! Love the updates. Isn't girl's camp the best? Those pictures make me wish I was a kid again and could go back. Fun, fun...

Kristin said...

You guys better watch out, it looks like you've got an early mover on your hands...once they start they never stop :) Once Lucy started rocking on her hands and knees, it was only a matter of days before she was off! She's seriously so cute and smiley-I love it! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple days.

Ashley said...

I can't believe that she is already in "training" That is so stinking cute.